On this 218th episode of my MMPT, we will start the sequence of building on the Take Flight content that I put out in digital course format in 2023. I've stated over and over that all success starts with the proper mindset, and in 2024, I want each of you to start thinking like a successful CEO. 2024 is the year you become the CEO of your business. A CEO's primary responsibilities are company strategy, financial oversight, and managing the execution of company initiatives. Key words: strategy and execution.
As we wrapped up Take Flight V4.0 on our last call in December, I mentioned that I have been inspired by "The 12 Week Year" by Brian Moran and the EOS (Entrepreneurial Operation System) based on the book called "Traction" written by Gino Wickman. Giving yourself 4 deadlines a year is so much more effective than focusing on annualized, year-long goals. Chunking things down using a "periodization" strategy is really the key to goal attainment. As we move officially into 2024, I want to take you through a process today that will help you identify where exactly your real estate brokerage business stands today and how to move it forward each day. A successful CEO would do the following or something similar:
- Step outside of your business and accurately rate that current business using the Take Flight Progress Tracker. There are 5 Sections of Take Flight, 26 subcategories and 5 levels to rate yourself. N/A is not applicable, Stuck, In Process, Proficient and 30,000 feet. (listen to this episode on the podcast for further description)
- Set/Review 3 Year Vision/Goal - Review Episodes #184 and #185 from Take Flight V4.0 if you need a refresher.
- Create/Review/Add Projects for 2024 - this is where you will review how you rated yourself on the Take Flight Progress Tracker and do a "brain dump" on all of the projects you need to complete in 2024 to improve your business.
- Rank Projects and Identify Priorities - after you do your "brain dump,” identify those projects that are the most important and prioritize them to the current quarter. Start in the areas of "Vision/Mindset,” "Habits and Routines" and "Database and Relationship Management.” Those 3 areas are foundational to your success.
- Move Highest Priorities to Quarterly Initiatives - evaluate your current work load for the immediate quarter and move the highest priority projects into that quarter.
- Execute on a Daily and Weekly Basis to Hit Quarterly Initiatives - execute, track, repeat daily and weekly. Check out the Take Flight section for tracking resources.
- Repeat the process during the final week of each quarter to plan the next quarter.
Earlier in the call, I brought up 2 keys words in a CEO's job description: strategy and execution. Creating the strategy piece is much easier than the execution piece for most people. What separates a really good CEO from a failed CEO is the daily execution and consistent drum beat of "inspecting what you expect" out of yourself. The simple 7 step process I outlined today is your key to stabilizing and growing your business in 2024. This is the exact process I use and have been using for the last 2 years which have been my most productive years for me personally. If there was ever a year to get serious about executing on your business, 2024 is it. The separation between winning and losing in this industry is accelerating quickly. Do you have a plan for 2024? If so, are you committed to executing on it?
Join me each week in 2024 as I will be bringing you the ideas, the skills you'll need, the scripts to use and the hard-hitting truths to get you to the next level. If you are not getting my weekly email, send me an email to [email protected] to get on my email list or you can go to my Instagram profile at @askjimmiller to register. I would recommend that you save these emails in a folder to refer back to as the year unfolds.
Happy New Year! May 2024 be your best year yet.